3S 2023 - 2024
Class 3S Teacher
Welcome to 3S Class Page
Mr Sutcliffe, Mrs Heyes & Mrs Lundy. Miss Roberts sometimes teaches us on Wednesday and Thursday mornings too.
On this page you will find all the relevant, up-to-date, information about what is going on in Year 3!
Year 3 is a great year and we look forward to sharing this learning journey with you!
- P.E. in Year 3 is on Monday and Thursday mornings. Please make sure your child has a NAMED PE kit. Please bring your child to school WEARING their PE kit on PE days and ensure that they are not wearing any jewellery or watches on these days (or can remove them by themselves as staff are not able to do this for them). No tights to be worn on those days if possible.
Spelling/times tables tests (please note - We will not be sending home spelling and times tables tests this year)
- We will be teaching a different spelling pattern each week in school and there are online resources through EdShed to help your children to learn these spelling patterns (with ten words which follow the pattern). It would be helpful if your child/children could access these activities at home 2-3 times per week for 10 minutes. This will greatly help their learning in class.
- We will be doing a times tables test each week in class, which will target a particular multiplication or division fact according to your child/children's confidence in quickly recalling their times tables. In order for your child/children to make good progress to learn all their mulitplication and division facts by the end of Year 4, it is important that they are practising their times tables as much as possible at home by using apps such as TTRockstars at least 3 times a week for 10 minutes at a time.
- Reading is a really important skill in Year 3, which helps the children to access so much more of their learning if they can read independently to an appropraitely level. We ask that parents use the Boom Reader app to log any of their child's reading at home so we can monitor this progress in school and remind them to change their reading book if they forget. The children can change their reading book for a new one on any day as long as they bring their old reading book back to swap. There are also prizes for the children who read a certain number of times throughout the school year.
- Remember we also have our Century Tech activities too! This programme really helps with reading, maths and science.
- If you have forgotten your log in details for any of the above sites – just send a message to the school office or come and ask one of the Year 3 team!
Please click the Attendance title above to view attendance information and your class position in Sherdley's Attendance League. The winning class receives a treat at the end of each half term!
Meanwhile, if you have any queries that are not answered on the class page please don’t hesitate to ask us!
Files to Download
3S: News items
There are no News items to display
3S: Blog items
There are no blog items to display